Feb 1, 2013 / 7:44 am
The Source electronics retail chain plans to open 20 new locations this year across Canada, continuing an expansion that added dozens of stores last year.
Most of the more than 700 locations operated across Canada by The Source are much smaller than the big-box stores operated by U.S. retailers.
The Source's expansion announcement follows the sudden closure of 15 Canadian big-box stores owned by electronics retailer Best Buy, throwing about 900 people out of work with little or no warning.
Many of the stores doing business as The Source are former Radio Shack stores.
The name was changed after U.S.-based Circuit City acquired the Canadian operations.
Circuit City later declared bankruptcy and closed all its U.S. locations but the Canadian business survived and was acquired by Montreal-based BCE Inc. to complement its Bell products and services.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||0.55||-0.03|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.54||+0.05|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.52||-0.16|
The majority of Canadians prefer to make their big move during the summer season. There are a variety of reasons for choosing this time of year: it is easier to transport boxes in non-icy condition...
It appears as though more people these days are looking for an investment in real estate which offers cash flow returns. The fundamentals of cash flow type properties had been turned upsi...
Getintheloop Marketing Ltd. recently launched their membership platform, Getintheloop.ca. The new website offers an exclusive members area for access to discounts in the South Okanagan on premium res...
- Taxman and the offshore tax havens
- Sharktopus views turns on YouTube TV
- Social media makes Disney blink
- BCE looks to cut $170 million
- TD Bank: Loonie could fall to 90 cents US
- Mixed results for North American markets
- Ex-Enron CEO cuts new deal
- Canadian dollar nudges upward
- Microsoft extends agreement with Yahoo
- Iamgold profits drop 91 per cent in Q1
- Rogers puts pressure on Bell Astral deal
- Beer company roots for Canadian teams