Feb 1, 2013 / 7:44 am
The Source electronics retail chain plans to open 20 new locations this year across Canada, continuing an expansion that added dozens of stores last year.
Most of the more than 700 locations operated across Canada by The Source are much smaller than the big-box stores operated by U.S. retailers.
The Source's expansion announcement follows the sudden closure of 15 Canadian big-box stores owned by electronics retailer Best Buy, throwing about 900 people out of work with little or no warning.
Many of the stores doing business as The Source are former Radio Shack stores.
The name was changed after U.S.-based Circuit City acquired the Canadian operations.
Circuit City later declared bankruptcy and closed all its U.S. locations but the Canadian business survived and was acquired by Montreal-based BCE Inc. to complement its Bell products and services.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.11||+0.05|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.34||-0.055|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.55||+0.08|
Opportunities to Be Aware of This Year As the 2013 year is coming to an end, individuals should be mindful of year-end tax planning opportunities that will need to be implemented prior to December 31s...
When was the last time you thought about your mortgage? Most people take out a mortgage with their bank for five years and then forget about it. When you took out that mortgage did anyone discuss ot...
Recently, people have been asking me about my recent Stand Up Paddle adventure around the entire Okanagan Lake. Here is an excerpt from an article I wrote with a link at the end to the complete artic...
- US new-home sales jump in October to seasonally adjusted annual rate of 444,000
- Board changes expected at Barrick should boost investor sentiment
- Survey: US businesses add 215,000 jobs in November, the most in 12 months
- Descartes reports record Q3 revenue, net income falls, following acquisition
- Three years in the making, Canada's anti-spam law coming into force next year
- Rogers snaps up naming rights to future downtown home of Edmonton Oilers
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs across the company including about 50 from editorial
- Conservatives and NDP battle in war of words over competing energy policies
- BOC to hold interest rates
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Canadian Press NewsAlert: BoC keeps key interest rate unchanged at one per cent
- TSX drops 100 points, Bank of Montreal falls 4.5% as earnings report disappoints