Feb 1, 2013 / 6:58 am
Chevron says net income rose 41 per cent in the fourth quarter as the company produced more oil and gas, improved performance of its refinery business and realized a gain from swapping assets in an Australian natural gas field.
Chevron Corp. posted net income of $7.2 billion for the quarter on revenue of $60.6 billion. That's up from $5.1 billion on revenue of $60 billion a year ago.
On a per-share basis, Chevron earned $3.70. Analysts had expected the company to earn $3.07 per share, according to FactSet, but analysts had not factored in the $1.4 billion gain from Chevron's asset exchange.
Excluding the gain from the asset sale Chevron's net income rose 14 per cent in the quarter.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.19||0.00|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.315||-0.045|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.58||0.00|
Big Picture Bank earnings and upbeat economic news highlight an active week In contrast with last week’s quieter, U.S. holiday-shortened week, the first week of December was a comparatively acti...
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
- Some of what has been said about Canada Post's plan to cut delivery services
- Laurentian Bank increases quarterly dividend despite missing analyst forecasts
- US government runs $135.2 billion budget deficit in November, 21.4 per cent below a year ago
- Hudson's Bay reports larger Q3 loss, due to costs associated with Saks' purchase
- Sales of extra-large smartphones will take off in 2014: tech prediction
- Pilot's fears came true as plane crashed
- 'Sound of Music,' Panthers-Saints game draw viewers to NBC, giving it a strong ratings week
- Raitt defends Canada Post's decision to phase out urban mail delivery
- Extreme weather apparel maker Canada Goose sells majority stake to Bain Capital
- OPG fires 3 executives after auditor says generous salaries push up hydro rates
- Most actively traded companies on the TSX, TSX Venture Exchange markets
- Canada Post to phase out home delivery; eliminate thousands of postions