Jan 31, 2013 / 1:12 pm
Authorities say a 14-year-old has been wounded in a shooting at an Atlanta middle school and a suspect has been taken into custody.
Atlanta police spokesman Carlos Campos says the wounded student has been taken "alert, conscious and breathing" to Grady Hospital.
He says the suspect has been tentatively identified as a student and all other students at the school are safe. Campos says the teen was shot outside of the school building Thursday afternoon.
Atlanta Fire Cpt. Marian McDaniel says the teen was shot in the head. McDaniel says a teacher suffered minor cuts and bruises, but was treated on the scene about 2 miles south of downtown.
TV news helicopters show a swarm of Atlanta police officers at the school and parents standing outside.
Read more World News
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
- Google CEO explains health issues
- Prince tours storm ravaged Jersey shore
- Businessman hits jackpot in casino suit
- Tunnel collapses at mine, 33 trapped
(Click for RSS instructions.)