Jan 31, 2013 / 8:40 am
One woman has been taken to hospital following a single vehicle accident along Highway 97 north of Oliver.
The woman, from Osoyoos, was the only occupant inside the late model red van when her vehicle went off the road and crashed into a utility pole around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the Oliver Daily News, the driver was not badly hurt but needed to be extricated from the vehicle, which was on its side.
Passerby Doug Morton stopped his car to help the women until emergency personnel arrived on scene.
Traffic was diverted around the scene for approximately one hour, using Park Hill and Island Roads.
Oliver Daily News reports the roads to be in good conditions for winter driving.
--- With files from the Oliver Daily News
Read more South Okanagan News
- Nature festival returns to Okanagan May 10
- Dix praises Cannings in Summerland May 8
- Broken bones are part of toddler's life May 6
- Centre for owl rehab holds open house May 4
- Dogs poisoned in West Bench May 3