Jan 31, 2013 / 8:07 am
It was a record-breaking day for Wendy’s restaurants in the Okanagan as they raised over $115,000 at the 19th annual Wendy’s DreamLift Day.
The total includes the day’s gross profits, wages and salaries from all the staff, management and ownership at the nine locations stretching from Penticton to Kamloops.
The funds were raised to send a planeload of terminally ill or special needs children to Disneyland for the day.
Volunteers from all walks of life contributed by preparing food, cleaning trays and tables and many other behind the scenes tasks to help make the day a success.
Since the event began, Wendy’s DreamLift Day has raised over $1.2 million.
The next DreamLift to Disneyland is tentatively scheduled for December.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12