Jan 31, 2013 / 8:07 am
It was a record-breaking day for Wendy’s restaurants in the Okanagan as they raised over $115,000 at the 19th annual Wendy’s DreamLift Day.
The total includes the day’s gross profits, wages and salaries from all the staff, management and ownership at the nine locations stretching from Penticton to Kamloops.
The funds were raised to send a planeload of terminally ill or special needs children to Disneyland for the day.
Volunteers from all walks of life contributed by preparing food, cleaning trays and tables and many other behind the scenes tasks to help make the day a success.
Since the event began, Wendy’s DreamLift Day has raised over $1.2 million.
The next DreamLift to Disneyland is tentatively scheduled for December.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- More delays for Grossmith case Dec 3
- Civic award nominations now open Dec 2
- City sand truck has trouble Dec 2
- Court hears drug dealer feared for life Dec 2
- Boparai pleads guilty to threats Dec 2
- Bus hits Jetta; Gordon reopened Dec 2
- Alberta storms affecting flights Dec 2
- Eye in the sky tracks shoplifters Dec 2
- Dix video: BC pays for Liberal lies Dec 1
- Therapeutic riding keeps under cover Dec 1