Jan 31, 2013 / 6:56 am
A man is in hospital after a police-involved shooting in Burnaby.
The incident occurred just after 1 a.m. on busy Hastings Street just east of the boundary with Vancouver.
Neighbours report hearing two or three shots after police were confronted by a man with a knife.
The Independent Investigations Office, which probes police incidents involving death or serious harm, has sent members to the scene.
There's no word what may have prompted the altercation.
The man's condition has not been released, but further details are expected later. (CKNW, News1130)
Read more BC News
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
(Click for RSS instructions.)