Jan 31, 2013 / 6:56 am
A man is in hospital after a police-involved shooting in Burnaby.
The incident occurred just after 1 a.m. on busy Hastings Street just east of the boundary with Vancouver.
Neighbours report hearing two or three shots after police were confronted by a man with a knife.
The Independent Investigations Office, which probes police incidents involving death or serious harm, has sent members to the scene.
There's no word what may have prompted the altercation.
The man's condition has not been released, but further details are expected later. (CKNW, News1130)
Read more BC News
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
(Click for RSS instructions.)