Feb 2, 2013 / 5:00 am
A national initiative to bring contemporary Canadian classical music to the Okanagan is slated to take place at the Summerhill Pyramid Winery on Feb. 9.
The free concert will be presented by Okanagan Composers and is entitled “Composers’ Cuvée – Canadian, Contemporary, and Captivating.” The event is part of New Music in New Places, a project by the Canadian Music Centre to take the sounds of classical music out from the concert halls and into venues where it is not usually performed.
This unique concert will offer a rare opportunity to mix and mingle with those behind the music, including local composers Imant Raminsh, Anita Perry, Ernst Schneide, Jean Ethridge and Keith Tedman.
Admission is free, but seating will be limited. Anyone interested should register here.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21