Jan 29, 2013 / 1:30 pm
It was a confusing morning for the female driver of a silver Nissan when she crashed into the back door of Wine Kitz in Orchard Plaza.
The owner of the business says the incident happened around 11:15 a.m. when a woman attempted to pull into a parking space in front of the store.
He believes the driver hit the gas instead of the brake – this fact was later backed up by officers at the scene, who say there was nothing mechanically wrong with the vehicle.
The driver did not sustain any injuries and will not be issued any tickets for driving infractions.
Wine Kitz is insured and the glass door will soon be replaced.
It was a close call for the owner and a friend, who were sitting outside the same door having coffee only minutes before the accident took place.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19