Jan 29, 2013 / 1:30 pm
It was a confusing morning for the female driver of a silver Nissan when she crashed into the back door of Wine Kitz in Orchard Plaza.
The owner of the business says the incident happened around 11:15 a.m. when a woman attempted to pull into a parking space in front of the store.
He believes the driver hit the gas instead of the brake – this fact was later backed up by officers at the scene, who say there was nothing mechanically wrong with the vehicle.
The driver did not sustain any injuries and will not be issued any tickets for driving infractions.
Wine Kitz is insured and the glass door will soon be replaced.
It was a close call for the owner and a friend, who were sitting outside the same door having coffee only minutes before the accident took place.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13