Jan 29, 2013 / 1:30 pm
It was a confusing morning for the female driver of a silver Nissan when she crashed into the back door of Wine Kitz in Orchard Plaza.
The owner of the business says the incident happened around 11:15 a.m. when a woman attempted to pull into a parking space in front of the store.
He believes the driver hit the gas instead of the brake – this fact was later backed up by officers at the scene, who say there was nothing mechanically wrong with the vehicle.
The driver did not sustain any injuries and will not be issued any tickets for driving infractions.
Wine Kitz is insured and the glass door will soon be replaced.
It was a close call for the owner and a friend, who were sitting outside the same door having coffee only minutes before the accident took place.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4