Jan 29, 2013 / 1:36 pm
A 21-year-old Kelowna man has been charged with Uttering Threats and Assault with a Weapon following a incident in an alley near Richter Street and Wardlaw Avenue 10 days ago.
Apparently the suspect, Jordon Jones, pointed the gun in the alley shortly before 1 p.m. on the afternoon of January 19 and was arrested without incident.
Police say a replica handgun was seized, however, RCMP indicate the handgun was incredibly realistic, even up close.
"One of the officers happened to own the real version of the exact model seized and a comparison between the two shows how easily one could be mistaken for the other, even in ideal conditions," says Cst. Kris Clark.
"Police don't have the luxury of examining a suspect's weapon before engaging them and have to rely on their knowledge, experience and perceptions in order to respond. When faced with the apparent threat of a firearm the results could be disastrous."
Clark says Jones is scheduled to appear again in court February 18.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16