Jan 29, 2013 / 11:13 am
Kamloops RCMP have two men in custody after they were found at the scene of a copper wire theft at the BC Hydro yards on McGill Street early Tuesday morning.
According to police, security guards on site observed the break in and theft and called RCMP.
Security on site reported seeing suspects gain entry into the yard by placing a ladder over the fence.
Copper wire from the yard was then thrown over and stockpiled on the outside of the fence.
The suspects were apprehended walking away from the BC Hydro compound towards Hillside Avenue.
Police say fresh snow on the ground revealed footprints from the compound to where the men were located.
Similar footprints were apparently found along the fence line, around the pile of stolen wire and inside the compound.
Police also seized wire cutters and other tools at the scene. Similar tools were also found when the suspects were searched upon arrest.
The suspects' footwear was also seized.
Both men, known to police, were held in custody pending a court appearance Tuesday morning.
Read more BC News
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
(Click for RSS instructions.)