Jan 28, 2013 / 4:36 pm
Two people have been sent to hospital after a two vehicle crash at the corner of Sutherland Avenue and Richter Street. The crash happened at approximately 3 p.m.
"The pickup truck was going westbound on Sutherland and appears to have been going through a green light in the intersection. It collided with a blue car that was traveling southbound on Richter Street -- there are early indications that the vehicle may have been going through a red light," explains Cpl. Bill Parmar.
"It looks like the blue vehicle struck the rear passenger tire of the pickup truck which caused the tire to be knocked off and extensive damage to the rear end axle and undercarriage."
The occupants of both vehicles received minor injuries, but only the two in the car were taken to hospital for observations. The three people who were in the pickup -- including a young girl -- were uninjured.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21