Vernon and North Okanagan
Jan 28, 2013 / 3:16 pm
A 41-year-old Vernon man, banned from possessing firearms for life, was found to be in possession of three stolen guns.
Police made the discovery Friday at a residence in the 3400 block of Okanagan Avenue.
RCMP came to the home at the request of a property manager who called for assistance.
Officers arrived and found two gun cases in the home and immediately arrested the occupant for Breach of Weapons Prohibition and Breach of Conditional Sentence.
Police also found three firearms reported stolen the day before from Armstrong.
The suspect was remanded into custody.
He was expected to appear in a Vernon courtroom Monday.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4
- Salmon Arm home invasion Dec 3
- Icy roads keep Salmon Arm RCMP busy Dec 3