Jan 28, 2013 / 1:20 pm
A 42-year-old Kamloops man is scheduled to undergo surgery at Royal Inland Hospital after he was run over by a truck late Saturday night.
The man received broken ribs plus injuries to his wrist and hand following the incident on Lac Du Bois Forest Road.
According to police three men had been taking turns riding a snowmobile down the road while the other two followed in separate vehicles.
The victim apparently lost control on a corner, hit a snowbank and was flipped off into the middle of the road.
A 21-year-old man following behind in a pickup truck noticed the snowmobile on its side as he rounded the corner but was unable to stop on the icy road when he noticed his friend in the middle of the road and ran over him.
The victim was transported to hospital.
Following an investigation police determined none of the men had been drinking and speed was not a factor.
To add insult to injury, the operator of the snowmobile was issued tickets for driving an uninsured snowmobile on the road and driving without reasonable consideration.
Read more BC News
- Get hooked (for free) this Father's Day
- Police investigate Surrey shooting
- Hotel staff find dead body
- A cherry of a deal with China
- Cyclist killed near Kamloops
- SUV crashes off Mayne Island
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
(Click for RSS instructions.)