Vernon and North Okanagan
Jan 28, 2013 / 1:19 pm
A 59-year-old Vernon man was recently sentenced to nine months in jail and ordered to forfeit his property.
Robert Barclay Yule was handed the sentence after police raided his home at 9257 Winchester Road in Vernon back in July of last year.
Inside the home, police discovered and seized 1,005 marijuana plants in various stages of growth, a large marijuana drying stand with more than 600 grams of cannabis bud laid out to dry, three large Ziploc bags containing marijuana bud and a digital weigh scale.
Equipment and paraphernalia consistent with production of marijuana including ballasts, non-code conforming electrical panel boards with timers, high wattage lights and shrouds and fans were also located in the home.
Police also seized unsecured firearms.
Yule entered guilty pleas to Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Cannabis, Careless Storage of a Firearm and Possession of a Firearm without possessing a License.
Along with the jail term Yule was also handed a lifetime firearms prohibition.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Icy road accidents began this weekend Dec 2
- Weather playing havoc on drivers Dec 2
- RCMP bust 16 in drug trafficking case Dec 2
- Guilty plea entered in child porn case Nov 29
- Six arrested in failed B & E Nov 28
- Cold or not, shelters over capacity Nov 28
- Psychiatric patients escape Nov 27