Jan 28, 2013 / 11:33 am
The trial for Matthew Foerster will not be going ahead as scheduled on April 13, even though he has secured legal counsel, once again.
It is not possible in the crown’s perspective to go to trial that early and the matter has been adjourned until Feb. 18.
Forester will again appear by video, with all parties hopeful a new trial date can be set at that time.
He has been in remand since being arrested at a Collingwood, Ont., motel last April.
Foerster is charged with first-degree murder in the killing of Armstrong teen Taylor Van Diest in 2011.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4