Jan 28, 2013 / 11:33 am
The trial for Matthew Foerster will not be going ahead as scheduled on April 13, even though he has secured legal counsel, once again.
It is not possible in the crown’s perspective to go to trial that early and the matter has been adjourned until Feb. 18.
Forester will again appear by video, with all parties hopeful a new trial date can be set at that time.
He has been in remand since being arrested at a Collingwood, Ont., motel last April.
Foerster is charged with first-degree murder in the killing of Armstrong teen Taylor Van Diest in 2011.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14