Jan 28, 2013 / 10:50 am
According to the Idle No More Facebook page, Jan. 28 is billed as another ‘global day of action’, with events going on around the world.
In Kelowna, a group will be protesting outside the Sandman Inn where public hearings into the Enbridge Northern Gateway project will be taking place throughout the day.
The protest is expected to attract hundreds of people – as of Monday morning, 472 people have announced they will be attending the rally with another 142 people listed as ‘maybe’.
You can find more information on the group's Facebook page.
Castanet conducted a public opinion poll on Sunday, asking whether or not you would go to the Enbridge hearing. Of the 429 people who responded, an overwhelming 72 per cent said they would not go to the hearings or listen to them.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17