Jan 28, 2013 / 6:46 am
A fire destroyed a home in Oliver Sunday morning.
Fire crews were called to the blaze just before 3:30 a.m. at 6486 Hollow Street.
Flames were visible coming from the home when they arrived; no one was home at the time.
Firemen vented smoke and steam for several hours. Most of the damage was contained to the inside. Flames did not get a hold on the roof.
According to Oliver Daily News the house has attracted the attention of the Town’s Bylaw Enforcement in the past for the large collection of sheds, lawn tents and vehicles stored on the small corner lot.
The fire is under investigation.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Three arrested in drug bust May 15
- Preventive work at Oliver flood zone May 13
- Motorcycle crash kills one near Penticton May 12
- Rally to help Penticton children's festival May 10
- Nature festival returns to Okanagan May 10