Jan 27, 2013 / 7:21 pm
Nearly 500 workers at BC Place stadium in Vancouver are set to strike Monday morning.
The workers include 38 full-time workers and 460 part-time employees who are members of the B.C. Government Employees Union.
The union says the strike comes after three days of bargaining last week failed to produce a deal.
The affected employees work in the areas of trades, security, first aid, equipment and event setup, and housekeeping, though they don't include food service workers.
The union says in a news release that the main issues in the dispute are job security and the contracting out of work, as well as wages.
The union says upcoming events at BC Place include the Year of the Snake Expo, which promotes Asian arts and culture, the Vancouver International Boat Show, and the B.C. Home and Garden show.
Read more BC News
- Snow hits the Coquihalla & 97C
- Saanich man, 85, beat in home invasion
- Driver, 11, flips jeep killing 12-year-old
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
(Click for RSS instructions.)