Jan 26, 2013 / 6:48 am
Police say a fire in a garment factory has killed six female workers and injured another five in the Bangladesh capital, just months after more than 100 died in another factory fire.
Police officer Monzurul Kabir said the fire erupted Saturday in the factory in Dhaka. The cause of fire is not immediately known.
In November, a major fire killed 112 people in another factory in Bangladesh, raising questions about safety standards and treatment of workers.
Read more World News
- No more Bronx 'ghetto' tours
- Suicide bomber takes cadets hostage
- Face transplant saves man's life (photo)
- 80-year-old stands on top of the world
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
(Click for RSS instructions.)