Jan 24, 2013 / 2:51 pm
A woman driver is being treated for minor injuries after her vehicle took out a bus stop, a fence and ended up on the edge of a fairway at the Kelowna Golf and Country Club.
The incident happened at around 2:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
The road was clear at the time and weather does not appear to be a factor in the crash.
“We got a report that she was driving quite erratically up on Bernard Ave. and almost took out some street lights back there on Glenmore," explained Cst. Tim Monteith.
"Down here she kind of veered to the left, all of a sudden crosses back to the right and taking out the fence here and going into the golf course."
Monteith is unsure why the woman was driving so poorly, noting there were no signs of alcohol and no medical issues.
“She said she hasn’t been sleeping much lately. Maybe she’s sleep deprived a little, but I’m not sure," he says.
The woman in her 30's also told officers she had previously pulled over at a gas station in Rutland to sleep in her car and was on her way home.
One of the officers on scene issued her a ticket for driving without consideration.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13