Vernon and North Okanagan
Jan 24, 2013 / 11:07 am
Ten year old student Neave Allen spoke to Vernon City Council Thursday regarding climate change.
She urged Council to make emissions reduction a priority, to stop development outside the core of the city, to provide bicycle sharing programs, provide better transit, forbid all idling, pass green building regulations and encourage green roofs and solar panels.
Council was requested to consider the environment when making decisions and to lobby the Provincial and Federal Governments for further action dealing with climate change.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4
- Salmon Arm home invasion Dec 3
- Icy roads keep Salmon Arm RCMP busy Dec 3
- CN confirms interest in rail line Dec 3
- Two cats perish in mobile home fire Dec 2
- Expired car insurance leads to pot bust Dec 2