The 'Dumb and Dumber To' script has been completed.
Although the film has yet to receive the go-ahead, director Peter Farrelly - who is developing the project with his brother Bobby - has confirmed the sequel to 1994's laugh-a-minute comedy 'Dumb and Dumber' will be just as hilarious.
Peter told Entertainment Weekly: ''It's not a firm greenlight yet because there are still negotiations happening, but that's what we'd like to do next. We have a script that's really, really fun.
''If I told the plot to you, you'd say, 'That's a piece of s**t'. But if I had told you the first one, 'Well, it's about two guys and they find a briefcase and they bring it to Aspen to meet a chick', you'd be like, 'You're f***ing with me. That's not a movie!' ''
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels will reprise their roles as loveable idiots Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne and the plot is thought to centre around one of the hapless duo seeking out their long-lost child for a kidney transplant.
The Farrelly brothers have struggled to get the film off the ground, perhaps because the 2003 prequel to the film 'Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd' - which was made without the original cast or directors - wasn't a box-office success.
Peter added: ''It's a character thing, and it's all about the little things. Because it's been so hard to get this thing made for whatever reason - it's baffling but whatever - we've had time to just keep plugging, keep plugging, keep plugging. And the script is really fun.''
Filming for 'Dumb and Dumber To' is expected to begin in spring 2013.
- DiCaprio to discuss climateEntertainment 931 views
- Taylor Swift shakes off splitEntertainment 1,179 views
- Rihanna runs late for FestivalEntertainment 560 views
- Josh Brolin wedsEntertainment 891 views
- Miley Cyrus - Billy Idol duetEntertainment 641 views
- Backstreet Boys residencyEntertainment 486 views
- Fighting for communityWhat's On 4,303 views
- Emotional Kesha thanksEntertainment 2,460 views
- Miller 'in love' with GrandeEntertainment 1,446 views