The 'Dumb and Dumber To' script has been completed.
Although the film has yet to receive the go-ahead, director Peter Farrelly - who is developing the project with his brother Bobby - has confirmed the sequel to 1994's laugh-a-minute comedy 'Dumb and Dumber' will be just as hilarious.
Peter told Entertainment Weekly: ''It's not a firm greenlight yet because there are still negotiations happening, but that's what we'd like to do next. We have a script that's really, really fun.
''If I told the plot to you, you'd say, 'That's a piece of s**t'. But if I had told you the first one, 'Well, it's about two guys and they find a briefcase and they bring it to Aspen to meet a chick', you'd be like, 'You're f***ing with me. That's not a movie!' ''
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels will reprise their roles as loveable idiots Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne and the plot is thought to centre around one of the hapless duo seeking out their long-lost child for a kidney transplant.
The Farrelly brothers have struggled to get the film off the ground, perhaps because the 2003 prequel to the film 'Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd' - which was made without the original cast or directors - wasn't a box-office success.
Peter added: ''It's a character thing, and it's all about the little things. Because it's been so hard to get this thing made for whatever reason - it's baffling but whatever - we've had time to just keep plugging, keep plugging, keep plugging. And the script is really fun.''
Filming for 'Dumb and Dumber To' is expected to begin in spring 2013.
- One Man Comedy ShowEntertainment 850 views
- Demi Lovato dating fighterEntertainment 1,333 views
- Streisand: 'Pay me!'Entertainment 1,246 views
- Natalie Portman's etiquetteEntertainment 725 views
- Kylie Jenner denies surgeryEntertainment 898 views
- Break Dance ChampionshipEntertainment 396 views
- Britney wants more kidsEntertainment 611 views
- Creekside Theatre fall showsEntertainment 399 views
- Buble adds co-writersEntertainment 399 views