Jan 24, 2013 / 8:14 am
Vancouver has recorded its first homicide of the New Year.
Police confirm a man was killed in an incident late Wednesday night in East Vancouver.
Const. Brian Montague earlier confirmed that at least one man was attacked in a neighbourhood just south of Memorial South Park.
Montague says further details will be released later today and he isn't commenting on reports that the victim was swarmed, or that several suspects were arrested later in hospital.
Officers remained at the scene through the night.
They haven't identified the victim or said how many people were involved in the attack, what type of weapons were used or whether the case may be gang-related.
Read more BC News
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
(Click for RSS instructions.)