Jan 24, 2013 / 8:14 am
Vancouver has recorded its first homicide of the New Year.
Police confirm a man was killed in an incident late Wednesday night in East Vancouver.
Const. Brian Montague earlier confirmed that at least one man was attacked in a neighbourhood just south of Memorial South Park.
Montague says further details will be released later today and he isn't commenting on reports that the victim was swarmed, or that several suspects were arrested later in hospital.
Officers remained at the scene through the night.
They haven't identified the victim or said how many people were involved in the attack, what type of weapons were used or whether the case may be gang-related.
Read more BC News
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
(Click for RSS instructions.)