Webcast of a press conference by Governor Mark Carney and Senior Deputy Governor Tiff Macklem about the release of the Monetary Policy Report.
- The global economic outlook is slightly weaker than projected in October, although global tail risks have diminished.
- The slowdown in the Canadian economy in the second half of 2012 was more pronounced than anticipated and economic activity is expected to be more restrained. The economy is now forecast to return to full capacity in the second half of 2014.
- Following an estimated 1.9 per cent in 2012, the economy is expected to grow by 2.0 per cent in 2013 and 2.7 per cent in 2014.
- Total CPI inflation is expected to remain around 1 per cent in the near term before rising gradually, along with core inflation, to the 2 per cent target in the second half of 2014.
- On 4 December 2012 and 23 January 2013, the Bank maintained the target for the overnight rate at 1 per cent.
Read more Business News
- Garage goes up in flamesCentral Okanagan - 4:15 pm
- Coke smuggler gets 14 yearsKelowna - 1:31 pm
- Cops warn public about 'ICE'Kelowna - 1:15 pm
- Where is Batman?Penticton / S. Okanagan - 1:33 pm
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.22||-0.04|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.1804||-0.0036|
|Copper Mountain Mining||2.29||-0.13|
|Sunrise Resources Ltd||0.065||+0.045|
|Mission Ready Services||0.31||-0.01|
Part 2 of 2 to read Part 1, click here. 5. Dial down your vacations. New York is out. Maybe Buffalo. For West coast, maybe Seattle instead of Hawaii. Use sites like Airbnb (aribnb.ca) to find ch...
Niche food producer “Sweets from the Earth” thrives using innovation, uniqueness and an unwavering focus on quality. A neighbour’s stew turned Ilana Kadonoff off meat at the age of s...
Recently I had the privilege of working alongside André Voskuil, a local guru in the world of Alternative Financing. André has quite the reputation in the world of direct investments as ...