Jan 23, 2013 / 9:20 pm
North Korea is warning that it is prepared to conduct a nuclear test and carry out more long-range rocket launches.
In a statement carried Thursday by state media, the National Defence Commission in Pyongyang threatened to wage a "full-fledged confrontation" against the U.S. for what it calls continued hostility.
The declaration follows the U.N. Security Council's condemnation of North Korea on Tuesday and expanded sanctions against the regime for launching a rocket in December. North Korea said the launch was a peaceful satellite mission, but the U.S. and others say it was actually a test of long-range missile technology.
Read more World News
- Cuddling biz closed amid brothel claims
- Thai premier says she will not resign
- Mob violence escalates in Africa
- Riot police deployed to Ukranian protest
- Kim Jong Un removes uncle from power
- US and Pakistan - the special meeting
- 100,000 march in Bangkok
- Storm blankets NFL fields with snow
- Uncle ousted for 'anti-state' acts
- Thousands attend Paul Walker memorial
- Dead whales found-part of stranded pod
- Israeli president willing to meet Iran's
(Click for RSS instructions.)