Jan 23, 2013 / 9:20 pm
North Korea is warning that it is prepared to conduct a nuclear test and carry out more long-range rocket launches.
In a statement carried Thursday by state media, the National Defence Commission in Pyongyang threatened to wage a "full-fledged confrontation" against the U.S. for what it calls continued hostility.
The declaration follows the U.N. Security Council's condemnation of North Korea on Tuesday and expanded sanctions against the regime for launching a rocket in December. North Korea said the launch was a peaceful satellite mission, but the U.S. and others say it was actually a test of long-range missile technology.
Read more World News
- Who knocked up the anteater?
- Mom smashes into car to save child
- Alaska volcano continues to erupt
- SUV crashes into McDonald's play area
- Bangladesh cyclone fades away
- 12 tornadoes wallop North Texas
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
(Click for RSS instructions.)