Vernon and North Okanagan
Jan 23, 2013 / 4:44 pm
A dance company whose mission is to inspire, empower and motivate people through the medium of dance is making its way to the Okanagan.
On Jan. 25, Joe Ink’s 'Move it!' will be performing in the Vernon and District Performing Arts Centre’s Marie Flaming Hall. The performance will take place at 7 p.m. and it is by donation.
Move It! invites participants to break out of their box and express themselves through dance. A free workshop prior to the performance, offered instruction with an emphasis on physical literacy, creative expansion, mental health, confidence and overall wellbeing.
“Move It! is about affirming one’s creativity and finding one’s own movement style. It’s also a challenge, and it’s about commitment and discipline as well,” says Joe Laughlin, founding artistic director.
For more information, contact Brian van Wensem at 250-542-9355
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Expired car insurance leads to pot bust Dec 2
- Icy road accidents began this weekend Dec 2
- Weather playing havoc on drivers Dec 2
- RCMP bust 16 in drug trafficking case Dec 2
- Guilty plea entered in child porn case Nov 29
- Six arrested in failed B & E Nov 28
- Cold or not, shelters over capacity Nov 28