The deadline to submit nominations for the 38th Annual City of Kelowna Civic and Community Awards is approaching.
If you know an outstanding Kelowna citizen, volunteer, athlete, artist or business - nominate them today. The awards honour individuals and organizations for outstanding contributions and achievements in 2012 that directly benefited the Kelowna community.
New for 2012, the City has added the Champion of the Environment award, which will be awarded to an individual and a business whose actions and achievements have shown outstanding environmental leadership or innovative environmental contributions.
The Civic & Community Awards is the City's premier awards event dedicated to recognizing volunteers, artists, athletes and business leaders through ten categories and 15 awards including:
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award
- Bryan Couling Memorial - Athletic Team of the Year
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Young Male & Female of the Year
- Teen Honour in the Arts
- Honour in the Arts
- Corporate Community of the Year (small to medium and large)
- Man & Woman of the Year
- Central Okanagan Foundation Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Champion for the Environment (Individual and Business)
Nominations will be accepted until noon on Friday, Feb. 1. Nomination forms are available online or at: City Hall, Parkinson Recreation Centre, Kelowna Chamber of Commerce, local libraries and the Kelowna Family Y. Completed forms can be dropped off at the Parkinson Recreation Centre (1800 Parkinson Way) to the attention of Amber Gilbert.
Individuals with questions regarding the nomination form are asked to contact Amber Gilbert at 250-469-8967 or [email protected]
Finalists and award recipients will be honoured at a Gala Ceremony Wednesday, May 1 at the Kelowna Community Theatre. Tickets will be available March 4 by calling the Cultural Services office at 250-469-8811.
Read more Kelowna News
- 15-year-old indicted on murder chargeWorld
- Ex councillor named in sex assault casePenticton / S. Okanagan
- Accused bad driver in more troubleKelowna
- Return of the Snowbirds?Poll
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library