Jan 22, 2013 / 11:52 am
A young offender in Vernon has been sentenced for staging a terrifying robbery.
RCMP were called to a house in the North Okanagan city last September after a report of a masked man brandishing a knife and trying to rob the homeowners.
The couple had to barricade themselves in their bedroom until police arrived.
Crown lawyers say the 16-year-old was convicted of robbery and break and enter, and has now been sentenced to six months deferred custody and supervision, followed by one year of probation.
Several other restrictions have also been placed on the teen.
The Youth Criminal Justice Act prevents release of the boy's name. (CKIZ)
Read more Vernon News
- Cussing and spitting his way to jail May 21
- Cycling across Canada for a cause May 20
- 4th annual YAA Festival May 18
- Chitty-Maverick bang bang grounded May 17
- Coldstream house fire May 16