Jan 21, 2013 / 7:46 pm
Montreal police are investigating after a 16-year-old boy was shot to death at a home in suburban Dorval, Que.
Const. Daniel Lacoursiere says an emergency call was received around 5:30 p.m. Monday and police arrived to find the teen suffering from appeared to be a gunshot wound.
He says the teen died after being taken to hospital.
Lacoursiere says a 12-year-old boy who was at the scene was taken to hospital as well, where he met with investigators.
Police are not calling the incident a homicide, but say the Major Crimes Unit is investigating as a death occurred.
Emergency response technicians have reportedly told Montreal radio station CJAD that the 12-year-old appeared to have shot his 16-year-old brother by accident.
The station also says the mother of the boys has been taken to hospital to be treated for shock.
(The Canadian Press/CJAD)
Read more Canada News
- First responders honoured in Quebec
- Fans camp in -40 to score special brew
- Harper leaves today for South Africa
- Let kids with asthma carry puffers
- Former Harper director gets key job
- Roots led to writing for Alice Munro
- Man accused of killing three-year-old
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'