Jan 21, 2013 / 7:46 pm
Montreal police are investigating after a 16-year-old boy was shot to death at a home in suburban Dorval, Que.
Const. Daniel Lacoursiere says an emergency call was received around 5:30 p.m. Monday and police arrived to find the teen suffering from appeared to be a gunshot wound.
He says the teen died after being taken to hospital.
Lacoursiere says a 12-year-old boy who was at the scene was taken to hospital as well, where he met with investigators.
Police are not calling the incident a homicide, but say the Major Crimes Unit is investigating as a death occurred.
Emergency response technicians have reportedly told Montreal radio station CJAD that the 12-year-old appeared to have shot his 16-year-old brother by accident.
The station also says the mother of the boys has been taken to hospital to be treated for shock.
(The Canadian Press/CJAD)
Read more Canada News
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada
- Search resumes for missing fishermen
- PM's chief of staff resigns
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast