Jan 21, 2013 / 4:15 pm
A mother and her son were taken to hospital after their vehicle flipped onto its roof during a spectacular two vehicle crash in West Kelowna, Monday.
The incident occurred sometime after 3:30 p.m. at the intersection of Old Okanagan Highway and Gossett Road a block away from the firehall.
According to witnesses, the Honda the pair were driving in may have missed a stop sign and collided with a Cadillac.
The mother and child were taken to hospital with apparent neck injuries.
The male driver of the Cadillac was seen walking around his vehicle, gathering up items from the car.
He appeared uninjured.
The roadway is open to traffic.
Police continue to investigate.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11