Jan 21, 2013 / 4:15 pm
A mother and her son were taken to hospital after their vehicle flipped onto its roof during a spectacular two vehicle crash in West Kelowna, Monday.
The incident occurred sometime after 3:30 p.m. at the intersection of Old Okanagan Highway and Gossett Road a block away from the firehall.
According to witnesses, the Honda the pair were driving in may have missed a stop sign and collided with a Cadillac.
The mother and child were taken to hospital with apparent neck injuries.
The male driver of the Cadillac was seen walking around his vehicle, gathering up items from the car.
He appeared uninjured.
The roadway is open to traffic.
Police continue to investigate.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27
- Premier's riding goes 'Up in Smoke' Nov 27
- Latest Westside Road project complete Nov 27
- Fearless coyote kills family dog Nov 26