Penticton and South Okanagan
Jan 21, 2013 / 5:50 am
The BCFGA announced the awards for two outstanding leaders in the tree fruit industry at its 124th Annual General Meeting, held in Penticton this Saturday.
The recipients and awards are:
- Award of Merit, Keith Carlson
- Press Award, Barry McDivott, CHBC News
The awards were presented at the BCFGA Annual Convention Luncheon.
“The success of the tree fruit industry is built on the strong sense of community in the industry. Today we recognize the dedication and selfless contribution of recipients to the industry through the BCFGA the Award of Merit, and the Press Award,” said Jeet Dukhia, President of the Association.
The BC Fruit Growers’ Association represents 550 family operated farms and advocates for the $300 million in annual economic activity which the industry generates each year, and which mandate is to foster a healthy food system for the long-term prosperity of BC tree fruit growers.
Read more Penticton / S. Okanagan News
City of Penticton
Penticton Discussion Forum
Penticton & Wine Country Chamber
Regional District Okanagan-Similkameen
District of Summerland
Summerland Chamber & Tourism
Town of Oliver
Town of Osoyoos
Town of Keremeos
School District 67 - Okanagan Skaha
School District 53 - Okanagan Similkameen
Okanagan Regional Library
- Judge: 'Your pyro days are done' Dec 2
- Distillery and electricity rates on agenda Dec 2
- Sentencing in sex assault case Dec 2
- Sage Mesa boil water notice still in effect Dec 1
- Mt. Baldy opening still in limbo Nov 30
- Councillor no longer seeking nomination Nov 29
- Icy roads contribute to accidents Nov 29