Jan 20, 2013 / 7:00 pm
Barry Brust made 30 saves Sunday as the Abbotsford Heat shut out the Milwaukee Admirals 2-0 in the American Hockey League.
Brust picked up his fourth shutout of the season and snapped a personal five-game winless streak.
Krys Kolanos and Brett Carson scored for Abbotsford (21-12-7), which has won four straight.
Magnus Hellberg stopped 21 shots for the Milwaukee (17-16-6). Hellberg has not won since Dec. 12, a span of six games.
Kolanos opened the scoring for the second night in a row on a similar play. Coming down the left wing, the Heat forward brushed off a defenceman, used a power move to get to the net and slid the puck under Hellberg for his 11th of the year at 6:15.
The best save of the first period came in the final minute when a blocked shot came right to Milwaukee's Austin Watson but Brust kicked out his pad to keep the Admirals off the board.
Carson made it 2-0 for the Heat at 3:15 of the second period, just seven seconds into a power play. He one-timed Mike Matczak's setup from the point, giving him goals in each of his first two games this season.
Brust shut the door in the third with 12 saves, including a tough blocker stop with three minutes to go.
Read more BC News
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
(Click for RSS instructions.)