Jan 20, 2013 / 12:31 pm
A 31 year old Surrey man is in police custody after he allegedly drove two stolen cars into two different police vehicles.
The incident started just before midnight on Saturday January 19, 2013 when members of the Ridge Meadows RCMP located a stolen van on Eagle Avenue.
An officer in an unmarked police car followed the stolen vehicle onto Cherrywood Drive, when without warning the suspect reversed the van into the police vehicle.
The suspect then drove towards the end of the cul-de-sac where he abandoned this vehicle and drove off in a second vehicle that was also stolen.
As he was trying to drive off, the suspect crashed the second stolen vehicle into a second police vehicle. This resulted in the stolen van to flip onto its side and the suspect was taken into custody.
Read more BC News
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
(Click for RSS instructions.)