Jan 20, 2013 / 11:53 am
A teenage boy fatally shot two adults and three children inside a New Mexico home, authorities said Sunday.
The teen was arrested and faces murder and other charges in connection with the shootings Saturday night, Bernalillo County sheriff's spokesman Aaron Williamson said.
The victims' identities haven't been released, and the boy's motive and connection to the five victims weren't immediately known. Williamson said investigators were trying to determine if the victims were related.
Investigators were trying to determine who owned several guns that were found at the home. One was a semi-automatic military-style rifle.
Authorities weren't releasing the teen's name or age. He was booked on two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse resulting in death.
Read more World News
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
(Click for RSS instructions.)