Jan 20, 2013 / 7:11 am
London's Heathrow airport says it has cancelled 260 flights, or 20 per cent of its usual schedule, because of snow and low visibility.
Sunday was the third day of flight disruptions at Heathrow, one of Europe's busiest airports, which has seen long lines and stranded passengers camped out on its terminal floors.
Airport operator said it had spent millions of pounds improving its ability to cope with icy weather conditions after the airport was virtually shut down by snow for several days in December 2010.
Forecasters say snow is expected to blanket Britain in the coming week.
Read more World News
- Jackson concerts cost AEG $24M
- Oklahoma school takes direct hit
- James Caan revisits the '70s at Cannes
- Military sex abuse victims seek care
- Did North Korea launch missiles?
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
(Click for RSS instructions.)