Jan 19, 2013 / 3:50 pm
On Saturday January 19, at approximately 12:53 PM, Kelowna RCMP were called to a report of a male who had pointed what was believed to be a handgun at two people in an alley near the intersection of Richter Street and Wardlaw Avenue.
"We knocked on our friends door and some guy came out from around a corner and said he was going to kill us," said Dean Schaffler.
"When he reached around the corner he pulled the trigger a bunch of times. I guess it was empty. We left and called 911."
Both uniformed and plain-clothes officers attended the area, and after identifying the residence, the male suspect exited on his own and was arrested without incident. A replica handgun was seized.
The male is currently in custody, with the investigation continuing, and he will appear Sunday morning before a Judicial Justice of the Peace, via phone, to face numerous charges.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17
- Weather Report Jun 17
- Motorcycle, deer collide near Rutland Jun 16
- Bee gone Bernard honey makers Jun 16