Jan 18, 2013 / 5:00 am
The District of West Kelowna is seeking the public’s assistance in reporting suspicious activity related to fire hydrants in the community.
In the evening hours of January 15 to 17, five fire hydrants in West Kelowna were tampered with by unknown persons.
The vandalism caused significant water leakage and compromised the hydrants’ operation.
The hydrants that were tampered with are located at Ingram and Brown Roads, Asquith Road, Shannon Ridge Drive and Ensign Way, Smith Creek Road, and Vineyard Drive. The hydrants have since been repaired.
Tampering with public infrastructure and emergency equipment is illegal and the District has notified West Kelowna RCMP of this vandalism.
Residents are asked to contact West Kelowna RCMP at 250-768-2880 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 if they observe any suspicious activity near fire hydrants, particularly in the evening hours.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11