Jan 17, 2013 / 1:37 pm
Employees of Conroy Exteriors were forced to evacuate their warehouse on Adams Road today (Jan. 17) after a gas line was ruptured around 12 p.m.
“One of the employees was running a forklift and he was backing up and hit one of the rooftop heaters inside and busted a line,” explains Cpt. Chris Zimmermann of the Kelowna Fire Dept.
“We showed up to make sure all the meters were shut off and get the gas out of the building.”
FortisBC was quickly on site to determine which meters were affected. No one was injured in the evacuation and all employees were able to exit the building safely.
Zimmermann says there was a heavy 'load', (more than safe levels according to meters used by the fire department), of gas when crews arrived on scene and used industrial sized fans to help vent the building.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3