54377
49540

Kelowna  

Gas leak causes evacuation

Employees of Conroy Exteriors were forced to evacuate their warehouse on Adams Road today (Jan. 17) after a gas line was ruptured around 12 p.m.

“One of the employees was running a forklift and he was backing up and hit one of the rooftop heaters inside and busted a line,” explains Cpt. Chris Zimmermann of the Kelowna Fire Dept.

“We showed up to make sure all the meters were shut off and get the gas out of the building.”

FortisBC was quickly on site to determine which meters were affected. No one was injured in the evacuation and all employees were able to exit the building safely.

Zimmermann says there was a heavy 'load', (more than safe levels according to meters used by the fire department), of gas when crews arrived on scene and used industrial sized fans to help vent the building.



More Kelowna News

52436
Recent Trending
47812


49792


50024


54872
Okanagan Oldies

Kelowna SPCA Featured Pet

Merida- Chicken
Merida- Chicken Kelowna SPCA >


49791


53018


Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
51542
54003