Jan 16, 2013 / 12:42 pm
The cause of a small fire that broke out Sunday afternoon at Rosalinda’s Filipino Kitchen in Vernon has been determined to be an electrical short that happened at the base of a smart meter.
Initial estimates peg the amount of damage to be around $25,000 but that number could climb higher.
The restaurant was open at the time of the incident, but there were no injuries and the blaze was quickly attacked by the quick thinking owner with the help of a nearby fire extinguisher.
The restaurant is expected to re-open in a few weeks.
Read more Vernon News
- Bus stop purse snatch May 13
- Townhouse fire destroys kitchen May 12
- Flying car crashes near school May 10
- Sword wielder beaten with skateboard May 8
- Target opens its doors in the Okanagan May 7