Jan 16, 2013 / 10:21 am
An Ontario boy distraught since the family dog ran off during a US customs check in Detroit is the proud owner of a new pooch.
The Detroit Free Press reports an agent with US.Customs and Border Protection delivered the new dog to nine-year-old Joseph Wilcken over the weekend.
The Waterloo, Ont., family's previous dog, Ash, got loose Dec. 21 at the Ambassador Bridge.
A U.S. customs agent ran down the bridge ramp in pursuit of Ash, followed by Joseph's father, Niels Wilcken.
Joseph's mother, Ana Wilcken, says the new dog -- Coco -- is the same kind of dog as Ash, a Jack Russell terrier and pug mix.
She says her son was very upset through the holidays, but now is "so happy."
Read more Canada News
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill