Jan 16, 2013 / 11:25 am
A team of students from Kelowna Taekwondo spent the weekend in Vancouver at the 2013 Taekwondo Nationals, which ran from Jan. 9-13.
The team sent six athletes to the event and four of them came back with medals.
“My students have been so dedicated and have trained tirelessly,” says Master Mike Erdmann of Kelowna Taekwondo.
“We came back to Kelowna with two gold medals, one sliver medal and one bronze medal each in their respective weight categories. I am extremely proud of my students, they gave every single fight one hundred per cent.”
The event was a national showcase where competitors had the opportunity to showcase their skills and spirits as true martial artists.
Kelowna Taekwondo is a family based school and has a combined teaching background of over 60 years and has sent athletes all over the world.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17
- Weather Report Jun 17
- Motorcycle, deer collide near Rutland Jun 16
- Bee gone Bernard honey makers Jun 16