Jan 16, 2013 / 11:25 am
A team of students from Kelowna Taekwondo spent the weekend in Vancouver at the 2013 Taekwondo Nationals, which ran from Jan. 9-13.
The team sent six athletes to the event and four of them came back with medals.
“My students have been so dedicated and have trained tirelessly,” says Master Mike Erdmann of Kelowna Taekwondo.
“We came back to Kelowna with two gold medals, one sliver medal and one bronze medal each in their respective weight categories. I am extremely proud of my students, they gave every single fight one hundred per cent.”
The event was a national showcase where competitors had the opportunity to showcase their skills and spirits as true martial artists.
Kelowna Taekwondo is a family based school and has a combined teaching background of over 60 years and has sent athletes all over the world.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7