Jan 15, 2013 / 11:15 am
Homicide investigators say a double shooting in Hope was a murder suicide.
Sgt. Jennifer Pound says officers have completed the crime scene examination at a rural property in the eastern Fraser Valley community, about 150 kilometres east of Vancouver.
She says police initially believed the incident early Sunday morning was a double homicide but have now determined that one man shot the other, before turning the gun on himself.
The men have been identified as 26-year-old Alex Lamb and 29-year-old Taylor Insley.
Pound says the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team determined this was not a random attack but a targeted shooting between two men who knew each other.
She did not release their hometowns or say which of the two men was the murder victim, but notes the incident remains under investigation and officers continue to probe the motive for the shooting.
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)