Jan 16, 2013 / 6:15 am
A series of public consultation sessions concerning transportation improvements at Okanagan College begins this week.
The first of these session, hosted by the city and design consultant Stantec Consulting, will be held Thursday at the college's Centre For Learning Atrium from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Kelowna new Official Community Plan states KLO Road in the Okanagan College area is a priority corridor for multi-use and active transportation.
Transit amenities, road infrastructure and pedestrian/cycling linkages in the area have been identified by both the city and BC Transit as investment priorities with construction anticipated this summer.
The transit exchange and KLO Road improvements are part of BC Transit's RapidBus phase 2 and 3 project.
Information about the project will be available and the project team will collect feedback on current challenges and future opportunities at Thursday's session.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17