Jan 16, 2013 / 6:15 am
A series of public consultation sessions concerning transportation improvements at Okanagan College begins this week.
The first of these session, hosted by the city and design consultant Stantec Consulting, will be held Thursday at the college's Centre For Learning Atrium from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Kelowna new Official Community Plan states KLO Road in the Okanagan College area is a priority corridor for multi-use and active transportation.
Transit amenities, road infrastructure and pedestrian/cycling linkages in the area have been identified by both the city and BC Transit as investment priorities with construction anticipated this summer.
The transit exchange and KLO Road improvements are part of BC Transit's RapidBus phase 2 and 3 project.
Information about the project will be available and the project team will collect feedback on current challenges and future opportunities at Thursday's session.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9