Jan 15, 2013 / 8:12 am
The third man wanted in connection with a Halloween home invasion in Kelowna last year has been arrested in Surrey on outstanding warrants.
Matthew Scott Stewart, 29, was picked up on Jan. 10 by members of the Surrey RCMP High Risk Target Team, Kelowna General Investigation Section and the Lower Mainland Emergency Response Team without incident.
Stewart remains in custody and is scheduled to appear in Surrey Provincial Court on Jan. 18, he faces several break and enter and weapons charges in relation to the home invasion.
The warrant was issued for Stewart in December after he was charged with multiple counts of break and enter as well as weapons offences for the home invasion on Belaire Avenue shortly after midnight November 1.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19