Jan 14, 2013 / 11:51 am
Counsel representing Lisa McKinnon made a brief appearance Monday morning via telephone from their law offices in Vancouver.
The issue revolves around whether a preliminary hearing is needed. That has still not been resolved, but it has been confirmed by McKinnon's counsel that they will be seeking a judge and jury trial in BC Supreme Court.
The next court date for this matter will be on Jan. 22 -- again for trial confirmation.
McKinnon was arrested last year for her part in a dial-a-dope operation.
McKinnon is the daughter of Kelowna RCMP superintendent Bill McKinnon.
She is facing one charge of trafficking in a controlled substance and two charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12