Jan 14, 2013 / 11:51 am
Counsel representing Lisa McKinnon made a brief appearance Monday morning via telephone from their law offices in Vancouver.
The issue revolves around whether a preliminary hearing is needed. That has still not been resolved, but it has been confirmed by McKinnon's counsel that they will be seeking a judge and jury trial in BC Supreme Court.
The next court date for this matter will be on Jan. 22 -- again for trial confirmation.
McKinnon was arrested last year for her part in a dial-a-dope operation.
McKinnon is the daughter of Kelowna RCMP superintendent Bill McKinnon.
She is facing one charge of trafficking in a controlled substance and two charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9