Jan 14, 2013 / 10:51 am
The Surrey RCMP received a 911 call just before 7:00 p.m. on January 13, 2012. The call came in as shots fired in the area of 168 Street and 76 Avenue.
Surrey RCMP and BC Ambulance Service (BCAS) attended and located a male lying on the road who appeared to be suffering from gunshot wounds.
The victim was transported to hospital by BCAS and all efforts to save his life were made, however, he was pronounced deceased just after 11:30 p.m.
“This shooting is a targeted shooting on the victim who was known to police. He has been identified as 27 year old Surrey resident, Manjot Dhillion,” says Sgt. Jennifer Pound.
IHIT is asking anyone who may have information to call the IHIT tip lines by calling 1-877-551-IHIT(4448) or email at email@example.com
If you wish to remain anonymous provide your anonymous tip information on the web or by phone at 1-800-222-8477
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)