Vernon and North Okanagan
Jan 14, 2013 / 8:56 am
A small fire broke out just after 12 p.m. Sunday afternoon at Rosalinda’s Filipino Kitchen in Vernon.
Fire crews got a call from the owner about smoke coming from the wall.
“There was a fire that started around the electrical meters in the wall cabinet area and we had hydro attend to shut off the power so we could open up the area and extinguish the fire that was in the wall,” says Captian Reinhard Mann.
There were no injuries and investigators will be at the scene later today.
Cpt. Mann is unsure as to the extent of damages, but says it’s rare for fires to start this way.
“I’ve never seen a meter blow out like that, but until they get in there to investigate with the electrical inspector, I can’t confirm on what may have caused it.”
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- CN confirms interest in rail line Dec 3
- Two cats perish in mobile home fire Dec 2
- Expired car insurance leads to pot bust Dec 2
- Icy road accidents began this weekend Dec 2
- Weather playing havoc on drivers Dec 2
- RCMP bust 16 in drug trafficking case Dec 2
- Guilty plea entered in child porn case Nov 29