Wednesday, November 26th1.7°C
23286
23979

Electrical fire at Vernon restaurant

A small fire broke out just after 12 p.m. Sunday afternoon at Rosalinda’s Filipino Kitchen in Vernon.

Fire crews got a call from the owner about smoke coming from the wall.

“There was a fire that started around the electrical meters in the wall cabinet area and we had hydro attend to shut off the power so we could open up the area and extinguish the fire that was in the wall,” says Captian Reinhard Mann.

There were no injuries and investigators will be at the scene later today.

Cpt. Mann is unsure as to the extent of damages, but says it’s rare for fires to start this way.

“I’ve never seen a meter blow out like that, but until they get in there to investigate with the electrical inspector, I can’t confirm on what may have caused it.”



Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News

21243


Recent Trending



20009



24241




Castanet pays for news tips. Email us a news tip, photo, or video and your name will be in a draw for our weekly news tip prize $25. Email us [email protected]





22911

Vernon SPCA Featured Pet

Carnia
Carnia Vernon SPCA >




22979




North Okanagan Quick Links City of Vernon
Vernon Discussion Forum
District of Coldstream
Village of Lumby
City of Armstrong
City of Enderby
District of Sicamous
Interior Health
Okanagan Regional Library



Member of BC Press Council


22496