• Kelowna's Homepage
  • Vernon's Homepage
32493
32348

Vernon  

Electrical fire at Vernon restaurant

A small fire broke out just after 12 p.m. Sunday afternoon at Rosalinda’s Filipino Kitchen in Vernon.

Fire crews got a call from the owner about smoke coming from the wall.

“There was a fire that started around the electrical meters in the wall cabinet area and we had hydro attend to shut off the power so we could open up the area and extinguish the fire that was in the wall,” says Captian Reinhard Mann.

There were no injuries and investigators will be at the scene later today.

Cpt. Mann is unsure as to the extent of damages, but says it’s rare for fires to start this way.

“I’ve never seen a meter blow out like that, but until they get in there to investigate with the electrical inspector, I can’t confirm on what may have caused it.”



More Vernon News

32374
Recent Trending


31570




32477


Castanet pays for news tips. Email us a news tip, photo, or video and your name will be in a draw for our weekly news tip prize $25. Email us [email protected]


32536


Vernon SPCA Featured Pet

Sengeii
Sengeii Vernon SPCA >


31204




Member of the RTNDA
30922
30607