Jan 14, 2013 / 7:53 am
Three men have been killed in two separate shootings in Surrey, B.C.
RCMP Insp. Dan Splinter says the first incident occurred shortly after 7 p.m. Sunday night when a man was shot numerous times in what is believed to be a gang attack.
The victim was found in an area of vacant and undeveloped lots in the east-central portion of the city and was rushed to hospital but died a short time later.
Just before midnight, officers responded to the second shooting at an apartment parkade in the northwestern area of Surrey to find two men dead.
Splinter says it's too early to tell if the second incident was gang related, or if the two shootings are linked.
He says the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team has taken over both cases.
Read more BC News
- Saanich man, 85, beat in home invasion
- Driver, 11, flips jeep killing 12-year-old
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
(Click for RSS instructions.)