Jan 14, 2013 / 6:51 am
A brazen robbery at a busy downtown Vancouver mall left some shoppers literally gasping for breath.
Two people had to be treated in hospital after the robbers released a cloud of bear spray as they ran from the La Swiss Watch City Jewelry Store at around 5:15 Sunday afternoon.
Vancouver police say the two suspects had entered the high-end watch and jewelry store just minutes earlier.
One of the men held staff at gunpoint as the pair smashed display cases and filled bags with loot.
There's no word on the value of the stolen items.
The suspects are described as in their 40s, of average height and build, wearing black pants and hoodies, with the hoods up.
The store is located in the Pacific Centre Mall at 701 West Georgia Street.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)