Jan 14, 2013 / 6:51 am
A brazen robbery at a busy downtown Vancouver mall left some shoppers literally gasping for breath.
Two people had to be treated in hospital after the robbers released a cloud of bear spray as they ran from the La Swiss Watch City Jewelry Store at around 5:15 Sunday afternoon.
Vancouver police say the two suspects had entered the high-end watch and jewelry store just minutes earlier.
One of the men held staff at gunpoint as the pair smashed display cases and filled bags with loot.
There's no word on the value of the stolen items.
The suspects are described as in their 40s, of average height and build, wearing black pants and hoodies, with the hoods up.
The store is located in the Pacific Centre Mall at 701 West Georgia Street.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)